Nurse Practitioner - Addiction MedicineLocation:
Scranton, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Nurse Practitioners, Advanced PracticeSchedule:
Days Work Type:
Addiction Medicine Advanced Practitioner TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Nurse Practitioner:
Geisinger's Division of Addiction Medicine is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work full time in our Outpatient Addiction Medicine Clinic in Scranton, PA. Primary responsibilities will include seeing patients with Substance Use Disorders and managing an overall treatment plan inclusive of pharmacological and psychosocial interventions. The successful candidate will possess a DEA-X waiver for the prescription of buprenorphine, and either have experience managing SUDs, or demonstrate dedication to growing their skills in the field.
- Assesses and establishes a presumptive diagnosis and implements treatment plans for their patient population.
- Makes accurate and complete entries into the electronic medical record; orders and interprets diagnostic testing and consults as appropriate and prescribes appropriate medical therapy utilizing evidenced based practice.
- Prescribes, adjusts or discontinues medications or therapies as appropriate.
- Evaluates and reports to collaborating physician any circumstances or approaches to medical management or test results that present a significant risk to patient's health or well-being.
- Performs procedures within the scope of practice of the nurse practitioner license.
- Communicates with collaborative physician, patient, PCP and referring staff through telephone or other means of correspondence.
- Instills confidence in patient acting as their advocate by providing safe, ethical care and health education to the patient and their family in a language that they can understand.
- Interprets and follow policies and guidelines to define procedures and meet goals and deadlines.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Education Master's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.