S&P Global Commodity Insights The Team:
This role is part of the Asia Pacific upstream technical research team supporting key products generating E&P and offshore market intelligence, subsurface analysis, and upstream project valuation. Customer focus is central to this team's approach in generating content, analysis and insight that would enhance customers' critical decisions and optimize solutions. Impact:
This role will generate industry-leading and integrated upstream market intelligence and subsurface research work covering the North East Asia sub-region. With a deep understanding and expertise in the sub-region's E&P business, this role will also support revenue growth for the Upstream Solutions business line. What's in it for you:
- Join a dynamic regional research team focused on generating leading upstream research that supports workflow solutions driving customer success.
- Development path to becoming one of our regional upstream subject matter experts, building strategic relationships and bringing thought leadership.
- Gain additional capabilities through collaboration with other internal stakeholders - wider regional and insight research teams; commercial; advisory solutions; product development customer support and marketing.
What We're Looking For:
- Write North East Asia upstream activity, outlook and trend reports in our Upstream Intelligence product.
- Lead in sourcing information. This would include building scouting network. Independently utilize available publications and technical papers for research support.
- Coordinate technical information flow; conduct content quality check; and sometimes lead technical content projects supporting various upstream products. Support operational and process improvements.
- Engage customers to support their workflows and decision making. Provide expert insights/presentations on North East Asia upstream trends and outlook.
- Actively participate in industry societies. Deliver technical papers and present in key conferences and events in the region.
- Work across business lines to support customer requests; advisory deliverables; topical integrated research initiatives/collaboration; product development; product marketing; and sales revenue growth.
S&P Global deliver s essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in North East Asia/China upstream oil and gas industry. Good track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams. Deep understanding of key trends, basin petroleum geology, above-ground issues, field developments and M&A. relationships with upstream stakeholders (oil and gas companies, regulators, service companies and financial institutions).
- Excellent oral and written English and Chinese communication skills. Proven presenter in several key regional industry events and published several technical papers.
- Knowledge of S&P Commodity Insights - Upstream Solutions products and workflows preferred. Ability to effectively use GIS platforms, analytical and mapping softwares.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or related discipline.
- Ability to travel in North East Asia countries
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.