I am currently working with fast growing company who are looking to add x3 NOC support engineers to their team, the client is based in the southwest Bristol area. This is a great opportunity to work with some talented people and join a company who is rapidly growing that offers opportunity for a great career path.
What we will need for you to do:
- Supporting the smooth and efficient day to day operation of the business.
- Help with end-to-end incident management and be the key contact throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Interfacing with 3rd parties as required for support or incident related issues.
- Creating and submitting knowledge articles to increase 1st-time fix rates.
- Developing, maintaining and updating NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensuring faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted Service Level.
- Proactively monitor our systems and networks via our internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting, resolving and escalating issues.
- Providing incident management and technical resolution of 1st line network-related faults and prompt escalation to 2nd line when required.
- Maintaining and updating the ticket management system throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Raising, tracking and managing all defect tickets, ensuring we implement actions to mitigate against recurring issues.
- Engaging and proactively feedback on system and process improvement.
- Managing low-level change requests.
- Working with mixed vendor network kit as well as IT systems.
- Diagnosing the root causes of network issues using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be prepared to go On-call duty and shift as part of a rota, to support the smooth running of our 24/7 network. Responding to incidents and supporting the field & systems engineering team in network maintenance and repair.
- Ensuring the timely documentation of all fixes and changes to the Network.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an Internet Service Provider or Data Centre following best practices.
- Strong understanding of network & IT infrastructure
- Basic knowledge in all matters relating to optical ethernet, IP transmission and routing
- Experience working within Unix-like environments (i.e. Linux, FreeBSD).
- The aptitude to work to a high standard autonomously or within a team.
- Team player, building positive relationships internally, with suppliers and customers.
- Pro-active, can-do attitude, always going the extra mile.
- Ability to communicate clearly and present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- At least a year's experience of working in a busy, customer-focused Telecoms, Data Centre, or IT NOC environment.
If this is of interest please get in touch for immediate interview slots next week, contact Ash Ali on
Job Title: NOC Support Engineer x3Job type: Permanent
Location: hybrid Bristol
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000