SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a MRI TECHNOLOGIST.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball - Tomball, Texas
Position - Unit
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- The technologist performs procedures with guidelines established by this institution, the equipment manufacturer and/or radiation safety guidelines established by the Texas Department of Health.
- Operates x-ray, magnetic resonance imaging or diagnostic equipment, instructs patients, prepares room, equipment, supplies and medications.
- Provides customer services as requested for the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric, doing so with the utmost professional and caring attitude.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests.
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
- Maintains awareness of own limitations and seeks guidance from appropriate personnel as needed.
- Prioritizes activities of self based on demands for service.
- Remains alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions initiated.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient rights, including those pertaining to confidentiality, informed decision-making, and privacy.
- Is aware of resources available for ethical concerns and makes appropriate referrals.
- Practices cost-efficiency.
- Performs technical skills proficiently in accordance with established standards, as evidenced by annual validation processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform ALL exams ordered in their department.
- Performs MRI exams following department protocols.
- Performs CT exams (if cross trained).
What qualification you will need:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of radiologic technology or equivalent.
- ARRT Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist or eligible
- MRI Registry - American Registry of Radiologic Technologist or eligible
- Texas State Licensure.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
- One to two years in diagnostic radiology or equivalent.
- An additional one to two years experience in MRI.
- Ability to perform routine MRI procedures with little or no supervision.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.