The Mortgage Loan Originator originates new mortgage loans for and delivers World Class Service to Members in accordance with the credit unions policies and secondary mortgage market requirements, by developing relationships within the real estate community, by developing other Centers of Influence (COIs) referral sources, and by making direct sales calls to prospective borrowers, Realtors and others.
This position is field based traveling 51% of the time conducting sales calls and visiting client locations in Southern California.
Headquartered Anaheim Hills, CA. We offer hybrid remote work opportunities for some positions. Please inquire during interview!
Why Work at CU SoCal?
Besides being a part of a great team that is dedicated to building better lives for our team members and Members, we offer competitive pay, great health benefits and a culture like no other!
We are one of the fastest growing credit unions and is more than just a place to work. Its a place where people come before profit, a place where you can build a career thats more than a job, and where the work you do has meaning and purpose
Our Culture and Values
We are a purpose driven organization. Purpose mobilizes people in a way that pursuing profits never will. Our purpose ignites passion within our team members and inspires trust from our Members. This makes a winning combination.
We are more than a place people bank. Our industry is filled with people who can count. At CU SoCal, we are people others can count on.
We work hard, play hard, and laugh along the way. We recognize that every single one of us is a valuable contributor. We have a strong culture of learning and accountability in a collaborative, team environment.
Were a team of passionate, committed professionals dedicated to the same goal: Build Better Lives Through Exceptional Member Experiences, Every Time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in originating mortgage loans.
- Current state license or ability to obtain one through the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS).
- Experience working at a credit union or within the financial services industry.
- Current CA state drivers license, reliable transportation, and current state liability auto insurance
- Encompass or similar Loan Origination Software
- Proficiency in a second language, Spanish preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of the mortgage market and as well as individual mortgage programs.
- Thorough knowledge of complex personal financial analysis and expertise in mortgage loan applications and investor guidelines.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours with superior reliability and punctuality
- High levels of self-motivation, results orientation, and ability to work with team members.
- Complex problem-solving skills to evaluate options and implement solutions.
CU SoCal is an equal opportunity employer. All decisions are based only on the individuals qualifications/ability to perform the work. The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, nature and level or work to be performed as of the document preparation date; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. CU SoCal reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, without notice.
We foster an environment and culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, and fulfill our mission of Building Better Lives.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community, Realtors, and other COIs such as CPAs, Financial Planners and others; and by making sales calls to prospective borrowers, Realtors and others.
- Interact with Members and non-members to originate real estate loans; maintain contact with Borrowers during loan processing and help facilitate loan closings.
- Receive Member and non-member applications and inquiries; quoting rates, points, and other required and relevant loan information.
- Analyze and/or prepare loan documentation, financial statements, and other financial information required for a complete, high quality application, including application disclosures. Must possess the necessary product knowledge and experience to conduct a Member needs assessment to determine proper product and/or services to best meet those needs;
- Represent the credit union at various external real estate related events, including, but not limited to, homebuyer workshops, real estate fairs, and non-profit credit counseling events.
- Assist with the development of products, programs, and marketing materials to respond to Member, Realtor and COI needs and stimulate loan growth.
- Maintain current knowledge of credit union loan programs and parameters, mortgage market programs, as well as other aspects of real estate lending (e.g. title reports, appraisals, secondary market guidelines).
- More than half of the time spent will be off-site / in the field and will require the ability to track and document sales activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
External Company Name: Credit Union of Southern California
External Company URL: cusocal.org
Street: 8101 E. Kaiser Blvd