Employee Referral Program to earn up to $1,500
Our Millwright Apprentice position is a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, and predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the mill.
What you will do:
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb tools
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tool
What you need to be successful:
- Must have cutting torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must be safety oriented and comply with all ZES rules
- Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Must have 3 years of Millwright work experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Must be willing to travel and complete the West Fraser Qualified Millwright training program.
- Successful candidates must be able to pass a Millwright Assessment Test.
Outstanding benefits package including:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training and
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace
- 3 year(s): Millwright/Maintenance Experience
- High School or better in General Studies or related field