At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Missile and Weapon Systems (MWS) is seeking a Mid-Level Product Security (Cyber) Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The position will support the performance of cybersecurity engineering for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense program. Position Responsibilities:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Supporting the implementation of cybersecurity requirements over the entire engineering life-cycle.
- Support the performance of cybersecurity engineering for the GMD program
- Supporting the implementation of cybersecurity requirements over the entire engineering life-cycle including: Requirements, Design, Development, Integration, Verification & Validation and Test
- Support system analysis for cyber threats
- Support system test for cyber threats, cyber test activities, and the cybersecurity of large scale events
- Support cyber risk assessments and the development of risk mitigation plans
- Support the engineering analysis of patches and various system updates and upgrades to determine system consequence of these changes
- Attend, collect data from, out brief and facilitate collaboration and project management from various program boards.
- Work RMF and CSF compliance plans including CCI consideration, andcreation of necessary compliance documentation
- Create, update or otherwise assist with program cyber guidance, performance, control, engineering, etc. documents
- Support cyber threat intelligence activities
- Support the development and maintenance of cyber scanning, patching, remediation, tools and applications
- Work and support TEMPEST, DFARS, COMSEC, CNSSI, and other compliance drivers as needed
- Support and facilitate various ATO packages including processing IAVMs and CTOs for the same
- Perform and support CVA/CVT activities
- Perform and/or support the development of tools for cyber forensics
- Utilize Agile methodologies for planning and execution of tasks
- Support other related tasks as necessary
A final U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start is required. BasicQualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of 3 years of education and/or work experience in Cyber Security
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical degree
- Cybersecurity IAT/IAM Level 1 Certificate or higher IAT/IAM level: IAT Level 1 - A+, Network+, SSCP, IAM Level 2 - CAP, GISF, GSLC, Security+
- Cybersecurity or Engineering related degree (i.e. software, computer, network, or systems engineering degree)
- Risk Management Framework process along with both the NIST and DOD standards for RMF
- Experience with GMD systems, networks, operations, or associated systems like C2BMC
- Significant Experience with one or more of the phases of the engineering lifecycle with a focus on implementing cybersecurity
- Requirements, CONOPS, Use Case development
- HW/SW Development
- Integration and unit testing
- Verification and Validation
- Acceptance test and fielding
- Experience with Cyber Table Top, Cooperative Vulnerability Assessments/Investigations, Adversarial Assessments, or other pen test and threat evaluation efforts.
- Experience with ancillary engineering efforts like Requirements Quality Management, Operational Concepts, Model Based Engineering, Major Engineering Reviews like Preliminary/Critical Design Reviews, Preliminary Deployment Assessments, risk management and assessment, etc.
- Various cyber related compliance standards: TEMPEST, DFARS Clause , COMSEC, CNSSI 1253, DOD 8570, NIST 800-160, NIST 800-53 (and 53A), NIST 800-30, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-55, NIST 800-137, NIST 800-39
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift Work Statement:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.