Overview: Transit Mechanics needed at Concord, California.
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for their Paratransit Service in Concord, California. We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under general supervision.Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- $1,500 signing bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including Paid Time Off, health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance
- ASE Certification Bonus Yearly
- Ensure Buses operate safe and reliable by performing high quality preventative maintenance inspections and repairs to minimize down time
- Perform Road call repairs
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with Transdev standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Other duties as required
- Keep Assigned work area clean
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Maintenance experience
- Mechanic B level: 3-4 years, Mechanic C level: 2 years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger endorsement (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your license must be obtained in 90-day probation period)
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret safety documents, schematics and other mechanical diagrams.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a background and a drug test
- Work independently
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed shift rotation.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
- Minimum 2-year recent bus repair experience
- ASE preferred
- Strong knowledge AC systems, and various equipment engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures required.
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related equipment required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals, and accurately complete any necessary reports or other documents.
- Must Possess basic computer knowledge
- Drug testing and background check
- Testing related to job requirements