We have an exciting 12 month contract with a potential to go permanent for a material planner based in Belfast. You will be joining a world leader in construction and mining equipment that is globally known. If you want a fast paced role with time sensitive work that is also incredibly rewarding then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Full time hours (37.5 per week)
- Monday - Thursday
- 12 months contract with potential for permanent
- Two work patterns:
- (Mon: 7am-17:15pm) (Rest of week: 7am-16:45pm)
- (Mon: 7:30am - 17:45pm) Rest of week: 7:30am-17:15pm)
- Computer literate
- Experience in using microsoft office: excel, word, power point
- Experience in using SAP (Desired)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of LEAN and Six Sigma (Desired)
- Knowledge and experience in material control, purchasing and inventory control
- College or university degree related to supply chain or equivalent experience is desirable
- To ensure the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborate with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production
- Actively collaborate with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier delivery performance issues
- Analyze production requirements, converting requirements into purchase orders requisitioning the materials and regulating inventory levels
- This position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics
- Work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions to improve demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.