$21.33 up to $31.85
West Fraser's Riegelwood, NC, mill is looking for a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for mechanical repairs, maintenance, and PM's to equipment and rolling stock and installation of new equipment. These functions include but are not limited to cutting and welding, repairs to chains, sprockets, shafts, bearings, belts, sheaves, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, crane and rolling stock. These functions will be assigned through Work Orders, PM sheets, or on a as needed basis.
What you will do:
- Ability to be self-motivated, work unsupervised
- Must be able to understand and satisfactory complete WO's, PM's, and other tasks in a timely manner while following all Safety Requirements and Lock-Out Procedures
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime hours
- Must furnish own hand tools
- Must be physically capable of bending, reaching, lifting, and able to work in extreme environments, (hot, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
- Able to work at heights
What you need to be successful:
- Must meet minimum testing standards for Maintenance
- Must meet criteria of Maintenance Tech as outlined by In-House Test Standards:
- Basic Cutting & Welding Skills - Stick, Wire and Torch
- Capable of routine maintenance including bearings, shafts, sprockets, chains, sheaves, belts, couplings and alignment
- Perform basic rolling stock repairs: tires, filters, hoses, parts replacement
What will make you stand out:
- Two years experience in Industrial Maintenance including welding, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Courses or degree in Industrial Maintenance
Outstanding benefits package including:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training and
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace