Our commercial and residential property client has an opportunity for a Maintenance Operator Continental Shift Engineer, Grade 2. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Manager - Operations, you will ensure that residents (tenants) have the best rental experience and consistently deliver the highest levels of customer service, becoming their brand ambassador.
The successful candidate will be required on a roster basis (Vertus) 7 am - 7 pm shifts. 4 on and 4 off, days and nights.
- To identify and diagnose faults and to carry out repairs, adjustments and other maintenance work as appropriate.
- To carry out the required routine servicing, repair or adjustment of plant or machinery in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule or as tasked by the Manager - Operations.
- To adopt a flexible approach in respect of other skills or trades to ensure the most cost-effective completion of all tasks.
- To undertake other skilled tasks in which competence has been demonstrated.
- To monitor the plant as tasked and to record data using the supplied documentation.
- To achieve the highest possible standard of plant and equipment efficiency by ensuring that each task is carried out in accordance with the set requirements and instructions.
- To assist in ensuring that all working areas are kept clean and tidy and all refuse and waste materials are removed as appropriate.
- To undertake and be comfortable with physical lifting and activities in accordance with the set requirements and instructions.
- To be thoroughly familiar and comply with the Company's "Health & Safety" policy and procedures and to immediately report any hazards or infringements to the Manager - Operations.
- To action and complete-time/task sheets on a daily basis in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Manger - Operations.
HEALTH SAFETY AND WELFARE RESPONSIBILITIES
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow their Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in their Environmental Manual and associated documents.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
All staff are required to comply with their Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedures; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
- Previous experience working in a modern building services maintenance environment, and able to demonstrate basic understanding of HVAC and building services is essential.
- It is essential for the candidate to have completed a full-time apprenticeship in an electrical or Building Services HVAC discipline.
- To be competent in the use of Information Technology and have Building Management Systems experience.
- The post holder is required to be tidy and presentable at all times and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Be able to work as a team member and communicate effectively at all levels.
- To be customer-focused and diplomatic in their approach.
- Able to make decisions to the benefit of the business.
- Although full training will be given and all safety equipment supplied it may be essential (for some Maintenance Operators) that applicants are able to work at heights outdoors.
- The incumbent must have an appreciation of the importance of customer service and how this is applied in the context of their company.
BPIC working on behalf of the Client, our mission is to increase the participation of black and ethnic individuals in the Construction / Real Estate / Built Environment industry whilst also empowering and educating individuals along the way. We champion the importance of diversity within our industry by directly providing solutions for organisations to create inclusive work environments and attract a diverse workforce. BPIC is dedicated to delivering solutions for participants that work in all areas of the industry from major infrastructure projects, fit-outs, SMEs to specialist professionals that support our industry such as Technology, Law & Finance etc