If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve, Hastings, is a manufacturer of vertical turbine pumps and components. The Pumps are used in a variety of applications including agriculture, general industrial, oil refineries, municipalities, and the power industry. The Hastings operation includes a foundry, fabrication department, machine shop, assembly, repair, and a shipping department.
The Hastings operation includes a foundry, fabrication department, machine shop, assembly, repair, and a shipping department.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Responsibilities:
- Safe & Proficient operation of Manual Lathes, Drills, and Band Saws.
- Machining methods, cutting tools, and overall manufacturing experience.
- Machine materials from raw, cast and customer parts to close tolerances.
- Use of Lathe tailstock, steady rest, 4-jaw chuck, and taper attachment.
- Use of micrometers, calipers and other precision measurement hand tools.
- Assemble some parts as needed.
- Read blueprints, work from layouts and dimensions on drawings.
- Load, align, perform set up and operate machines. Debur parts as required.
- Ensure part quality and perform unloading.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Maintain records of production.
- Maintain equipment per PM requirements.
- Hours are M-T, 5:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with some overtime, based on the business needs.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in set-up and operation of Lathes, Drills and Milling Machines or completion of a machining program.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with crane and jib mounted hoists preferred.
- Experience with Lift Truck operation a plus.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Positive communication skills.
- Be a team oriented, reliable self-starter.
- Work with an emphasis on Safety while maintaining a clean, organized work area.
- Have a willingness to learn regardless of experience level or age.
Primary Posting Location: Hastings, Nebraska US
Job Posting Category: Operations
Job Advertising Title: Machinist
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 56417BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to employment@. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.