Job Title: Machine Operative (Apprentice)Department: WarehouseReporting to: Warehouse Supervisor or Manager
About The Delta Group
The Delta Group is committed to service excellence in-store, outdoor and online. We are dedicated, knowledgeable and client focused people who aspire to make a difference every day. We value the long-term partnerships we have with our clients and work collaboratively to lead effective change and empower your strategic goals.
Our clients operate in an increasingly complex world and must constantly evolve to meet the dynamic needs of retailers, e-tailers, and consumers. Our services - comprised of three units: Creative, Display and Technology - are designed to reduce the complexity of international marketing campaigns across multiple markets and languages whilst maintaining consistency, increasing localisation and responsiveness.
The Cutting Edge of Print Innovation
We've always been innovators, leading the way in printing Litho on to plastics and in digital printing. We're also an established beta test site for many of the leading printing press manufacturers.
Additionally, we were the first in our field to invest in an ultra large (XXL) format UV Litho press and today remain the only company in our sector worldwide to operate two of these giant machines.
Role Overview / Key Responsibilities
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join an exciting and developing visual communications company as an Apprentice Machine Operative, working as part of our friendly Warehouse team supporting the internal finishing management team by assisting with various tasks including:
- Cutting/creasing of printed and plain materials
- Following a QC process
- Setting and managing jobs from start to finish
- Lean manufacturing, producing work as efficiently as possible
- Reporting any variances to the management team
- Adhering to Health and Safety policy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Act on own initiative
- Candidates must be 18 years or older (due to Health & Safety requirements)
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible working hours
- GCSE (9 - 4/A-C) or equivalent
- Must have UK residency for a minimum of 3 years
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme, Cycle2Work scheme, and Employee discount scheme (including travel, food and shopping discounts)
- Training Opportunities
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Overtime available
- Modern facility; onsite free parking
Job Location & Shift Pattern:
- Unit 25, I.O. Centre, Lea Road, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire EN9 1AS
- Shift: 7am - 7pm (on a rotating basis): Week 1: Monday Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday Week 2: Wednesday Thursday Friday