Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Warehouse Forklift Operator is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material and products within the distribution center. Must have lift experience.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 10AM Start
Work Location: 585 Principio Pkwy W, North East, MD 21901
Why Work for KeHE?
- $1 Shift Differential after 6pm
- Guarantee raise after 1 year
- Quarterly Pay out for Perfect Attendance
- Full comapny benefits after 30 days
- $2,000 Referral Bonus -- That's right! Know someone who works at KeHE? Use them as a referral and you EACH could receive $2,000
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, and/or requisition to determine items to be moved or distributed.
- Bring overhead product down to pick bay.
- Stock and restock product in proper locations including overhead locations.
- Rotate stock according to date coding.
- Become proficient with NTS on both handheld and screen mount Telxons.
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Receive, record, put away, and rotate product. Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Use computer and/or Radio Frequency Unit to record and track product.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere, including receiving, pulling orders, packing and shipping preferred.
- Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to communicate well with internal customers and management.
- Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically moderate to high.
Requisition ID: 2022-17040 Equal Employer Opportunity Statement: KeHE Distributors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion or faith, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training as well as the administration of all Human Resources and Talent Acquisition processes.