We are currently recruiting for a confident Legal Cashier to join our Northampton office.
You will be responsible for:
- Daily banking
- Posting of disbursements to ledgers
- Monitoring the bank for client and office account receipts
- Posting receipts for client and office account to the client ledgers
- Dealing with account queries
- Setting up TT/BACS via electronic banking for authorisation
- Checking, posting, and sending bills
- Dealing with account queries
- General administrative functions
- Ideally you will have previous experience Legal Cashiering experience
- Be a good team player and be willing to help others where required
- Be reliable and dependable
- Highly organised with a keen eye for detail
- Develop and apply knowledge
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Be confident and concise when dealing with others
This position offers:
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (working hours to be determined)
- Some overtime required at month end
Benefits of working with us:
• Scottish Widows Pension Scheme• Support staff bonus scheme• 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays)• Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal• Cycle to Work scheme• Life Assurance• 1/3 gym membership contribution• Flu vaccinationsWhat does HCR believe, achieve and stand for?
As a Times Best Law firm, among the UK Top 70, we provide the full range of services that you would expect to organisations, business leaders and individuals. However, in our mission to give everyone the opportunity to experience a different kind of legal service, we take an entrepreneurial approach. We re flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients, delivering the best outcomes for them. We have more than 800 lawyers and support staff, including more than 150 partners, and have been awarded the Law Society s Lexcel quality mark in recognition of our compliance and client care standards. With eleven offices in England and Wales our well-established presence stretches from west to east, ensuring clients can access a full-service legal offering no matter where they re located. We ve expanded significantly in Birmingham, Cardiff and the Thames Valley, and our merger with Hewitsons has led to the addition of two new office locations (Northampton and Milton Keynes), and even further growth in London and Cambridge. With solid connections in the communities we work in, and a track record of delivering legal advice to businesses and individuals throughout the areas we base ourselves in, our clients continue to value our approach to providing legal advice, in the way they need, when they need it.
At HCR, we don t just accept differences, we celebrate them. We want to attract a diverse and ambitious workforce that reflects all backgrounds and skills to create a workplace that is supportive and inclusive, recognises and nurtures talent, and which works together to achieve the best outcome for our clients. We also want you to achieve your absolute best during the recruitment process. Please let us know of any changes we can make at any point that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV.
A note for recruitment agencies - The HCR Resourcing Team is responsible for recruitment across the firm, and where possible will use direct hiring methods. We do work with a Preferred Supplier List, and where appropriate, we will release vacancies to those agencies who we deem most appropriate to support us. Only those agencies will be invited to submit candidates via our recruitment portal. Any speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to any employee or Partner of HCR will not be considered an introduction, and no fees will be applicable. Furthermore, we retain the right to pursue these candidates without query of ownership