BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we've been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It's because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we're being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
As our Quality Assurance and Core Technology teams continue to grow, we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate Lead SDET to join our team. Your position will see you Lead a diverse technical test team using automation to validate back-end services and software libraries. Maintain a supportive and inclusive work environment. Use world-class technologies to deliver excellent gaming experiences to millions. Reports to the QA Manager.Responsibilities
Knowledge And Skills
- Summarize test status, debug technical issues, and communicate with stakeholders
- Oversee and mentor junior staff, support an environment of learning and development
- Collaborate to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Design, implement and modify hooks, harnesses, automated solutions, and tests at every level
- Influence architectural discussions to enable testing for correctness, scalability, and fault-tolerance
- Sound grasp of automated test principles, patterns, and applications
- Experience steering teams towards automation through new processes and tools.
- Understanding of a broad spectrum of technology
- Advocacy of diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Communication that fosters teamwork, collaboration, and confidence
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, occasionally lift up to 20 lbs., and move between floors
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 5 years experience in an SDET role writing tests for web applications and/or APIs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and holidays
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
- Familiarity with other scripted and compiled languages e.g. Python, shell, Java, C++, C#, php
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, and other Game Development Engines
- Knowledge of commercial online game platforms e.g. Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Steam
- Performance and load testing online services
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized environments
- Administration of Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools
- Experience working in a global environment
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and will perform other related duties, as may be required