Overview: Transdev is seeking a Lead Mechanic Supervisor to oversee all activities of the Maintenance department, including the maintenance and repair of buses, other vehicles be responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing safety policies and procedures at the transit location in compliance with federal, state, local regulations and Transdev policies.Why work with us?
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to Transdev's presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package with healthcare, paid holidays and a 401(k) savings plan
- Competitive wages in a great work environment
- Schedules employees for the department; ensures the effective supervision of mechanics and other shop workers.
- Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel.
- Coordinates work performed by outside vendors.
- Oversees the development of efficient repair schedules, reviews repair cost estimates.
- Approves priority of maintenance and repairs based on availability of materials and parts and requirements of scheduled operations.
- Helps to ensure that company and client equipment is maintained and operating efficiently.
- Controls and monitor's inventory.
- Ensures that all vehicles are fueled, cleaned, and properly working.
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures for the department; maintains a safe working environment.
- Participates in the development and administration of the operational budget.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods.
- Ensures that property, grounds, and facilities are clean and well organized.
Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- ASE Certifications preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- 7 years or more of progressively responsible experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy duty automotive and transit equipment including at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to heavy duty transportation vehicles
- Familiarity with laws/regulations associated with the safe operation of maintenance facilities
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and other mechanical and/or electrical diagrams
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other documentation or correspondence
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently, strong attention to details
- Ability to work well with labor
- Travel requirement (as a percent):
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: .cfm
Drug free workplace