We're a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things - and will always put the customer first.
That's who we are. We're a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we're going to make sure they get it.
To develop and maintain exceptional copy for Just Group services, specifically HUB Group's financial wellness propositions, ensuring that the language used throughout the customer journeys is consistent with the brand 'tone of voice' (including the principles of Plain English).
To act as a 'standard bearer' for our brand tone of voice, helping to further embed Plain English across the wider Just Group.
Job Role Accountabilities
- Develop, agree and maintain a set of language guidelines and copy for HUB Group's financial wellness propositions ("Wellness"):
- Consistent with our brand tone of voice and the principles of Plain English
- To include a glossary of terms encompassing all aspects of the service.
- Be part of a 'squad' responsible for identifying and implementing UX service enhancements
- Act as a 'standard bearer' for our brand tone of voice, leading a regular forum of Plain English 'Ninjas', helping to further embed Plain English across the wider Just Group.
Examples of Key Activities
As the owner of the Wellness proposition language guidelines, key activities will include:
- Developing a set of language guidelines specifically for HUB Group's Wellness proposition. These will be based on the HUB Financial Solutions language guidelines, and will include a glossary of terms to provide naming conventions for all service features, benefits and outputs.
- Gaining stakeholder buy-in and approval for the language guidelines.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the business to agree implementation of the language guidelines, ensuring the language used throughout the customer journey is consistent across all communication types/channels
- Engagement/marketing communications - online and offline
- The online journey through the service
- Service 'outputs' (personal retirement plans, recommendations, annual review reports etc)
- Nudge communications
- Telephone scripts.
- Maintaining the language guidelines, making any updates that become necessary as the service evolves and as we deepen our customer and UX understanding.
As a 'squad member' responsible for supporting continuous UX improvements across Wellness propositions, key activities will include:
- Developing copy to increase customer understanding
- Developing 'nudge' communications to encourage customers to take the next step in the service.
As a standard bearer for the brand tone of voice, key activities will include:
- Leading a regular forum, contributing ideas to maintain the profile of the brand tone of voice/Plain English within the organisation.
- Acting as a reference point for language queries
- Managing the relationship with Plain English Campaign
- Maintaining and building our base of 'crystal marked' documents
- Identifying training requirements, and where appropriate developing and delivering training.
- Act within the Regulatory Conduct Rules which apply to all our employees and workers: act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence at all times. Protect the interests of our customers, treat them fairly and observe proper standards of market conduct. See Just's Conduct Risk Policy on HQ for details of specific working practices.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on our market, working practices and policies: complete e-learning training on a regular basis including mandatory modules in financial crime prevention, information security, regulatory environment, complaints handling and whistleblowing.
- Develop competence: to focus on continuous improvement of your personal competence and professional development and support your colleagues and their continuous improvement where possible.
- Risk: understand and work within the company's risk framework, reporting risk events and breaches in line with Just's Procedures.
- Behaviours: support and act in line with the Just Group Behavioural Principles.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong customer focus - curiosity to understand customers' needs, behaviours and biases, with the ability to use this insight to drive actions which improve the customer experience
- Strong copywriting skills - ability to write clear and compelling consumer content across different media, taking complex subject matter and making it simple
- Good technical knowledge - strong understanding of retirement-focused financial products and services, regulatory environment and financial promotions rules
- Outstanding attention to detail, great proof-reading skills.
- Stakeholder Management - ability to develop relationships with stakeholders, to build consensus and drive change
- Collaboration - ability to work effectively with others and contribute actively to foster a sense of team spirit
- Ideally, experience in Marketing Communications roles within Financial Services