Lead Chef Required for Secondary School in Brighton
At Engage Education Services, we ve specialised in recruiting education staff for over a decade. We re currently looking for an experienced chef to work full time at a fantastic secondary school in Brighton.
Our team has built an excellent reputation in the local area, and we re looking for more high-quality staff to work with these schools.
Working hours are 44 hours per week, Term time onlyAbout the role:Our catering supervisor duties can include:
- To supervise the daily running of the kitchen and staff ensuring prompt provision and efficient service of all meals to the standard laid down by the school and to the Catering Manager's specification.
- To ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with the schools standards and policies.
- You will be required to liaise with the Catering Manager with regards to planned menus.
- To ensure regular communication with the Catering Manager attending meetings as requested.
- To ensure stock audits are taken monthly or as and when required.
- To ensure budget controls are in place and adhered to.
- To ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the school's J standards.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience of working in a high volume chef role.
- A real passion for working within an education environment.
- Experience managing a large team of catering staff.
- A DBS (Disclosure and Barring Check) registered with the DBS Update Service
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to applyIf you re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below - or get in touch with us directly.
If you re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don t be disheartened - you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!