Job title: Junior Support Engineer / 1st Line Technical Support
Location: 2/3 days in the London office with remaining days from home
Contract: 6 month fixed term contract
Our MARKET LEADING Financial Services client has an exciting new role for a confident individual with ambitions to secure a career as a Junior Support Engineer.
The position is based within the Run team in the Sales and Trading Engineering department. The team are passionate about delivering a strong production service to the Front Office. They work closely with the financial markets business, across asset classes covering shifts and an on-call rota. The team objective is to deliver high-quality support to ensure the service exceeds agreed service levels whilst building positive relationships.
The successful candidate will be required to provide support to our Front Office business stakeholders. You will work as part of the team covering multiple applications developing a broad understanding of systems and our business.
The day-to-day demands of the role will include incident management, service request management, problem management and other associated tasks which help drive platform stability and operational excellence.
Extensive formal and on-the-job training is offered, what we require from you is a willingness to learn, resilience and happy to work in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and technical skills needed:
- Ability to learn new systems, technical and business concepts quickly, sharing knowledge with others
- Experience of supporting Fixed Income or FX applications is an advantage.
- Ability to handle workload of incident tickets and longer-term follow-up tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interface with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Having experience using Unix and/or OS: Windows Server is desirable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills to respond quickly, politely, and effectively to users.
- Ability to prioritise and deal with daily support tasks, alongside larger enhancements.
- Strong team player with the ability to propose and share ideas.
Do you have:
- An interest in agile methods, DevOps, collaborative working and continuous improvement
- An interest in financial markets and are keen to work closely with Traders and Sales
- A preference for working in a fast-paced environment, as part of a team but with your own initiative
- A proven drive for reducing manual tasks and recurring issues through automation and process improvement
You will be a valued member of our Adecco Early Careers function working onsite with a market-leading organisation, initially, the assignment is initially for 6 months with scope for transitioning permanently in the future, so you need to be someone with a permanent mindset!
If you have the experience and desire to work for a highly respected household name offering growth and development, then we want to hear from you, APPLY NOW.