Java Redis Developer - Hiring ASAP
Location: Remote working with 2 days per week in Canary Wharf officeDuration: 6-month roll-in contractDay Rate: £420 per day PAYE
- Responsible for developing software in Java, PL/SQL, Scala, and grid using Kubernetes & open shift platform.
- Responsible for building web services using REST and event-based models.
- Responsible for building high performance and highly scalable grid compute processes.
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle.
- Participating fully in Agile software development process
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers, and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing.
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code, and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the right thing first time.
- Work across the entire SDLC, embracing CI/CD focus, looking to constantly improve.
- Be ready to work on a range of technologies and components, including user interfaces, services, and databases. Act as a generalizing specialist.
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on and contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level.
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it's needed
- Help your team to build, test and release software within short lead times and with minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Deep Knowledge of at least one modern programming language, along with understanding of both object oriented and functional programming. Ideally knowledge of Java and Scala.
- Practical experience of test-driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment.
- Good knowledge/experience on in-memory distributed caching concepts/tools(Coherence/Hazelcast/REDIS)
- Good knowledge on BDD frameworks/tools like JBehave and cucumber
- Experience or Exposure to Big Data Hadoop technologies / BI tools will be an added advantage
- Experience in Oracle/PostgreSQL development is required
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban, or XP
- Experience of performing Functional Analysis is highly desirable
- Experience of End-to-End development lifecycle.