IT Systems Administrator
Location: Dubuque, IA
At Platinum Supplemental Insurance, our success as a sales company is directly linked to our focus on quality customer care. Whether serving a policyholder or an internal department manager, our people are professional, responsive, accommodating and pleasant.
Platinum's IT Systems and Support team is currently looking to add an IT Systems Administrator in our Dubuque office to provide maintenance and administration of company-wide software and hardware systems. Successful candidates will be high-energy problem-solvers with strong software administration skills. This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact across the company, working with management, employees, sales representatives and customers. You'll deliver leading-edge technology support in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
Benefits-Why People Like Working Here:
- Our offices close at 1 p.m. on Fridays, so your regular workweek looks like Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-1 p.m. It's a great way to start the weekend.
- Casual dress. We keep it professional, but we get more done in jeans than suits.
- Friendly, modern office environment with walk-out access to some of Dubuque's most vibrant lunch options.
- A daily culture that supports learning, innovation and ingenuity. This is where your career grows.
- On-site fitness facility
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
What You'll Do as an IT Administrator at Platinum:
- Administer various enterprise software packages
- Manage physical and virtual servers
- Manage enterprise backups
- Manage mobile devices
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise
- Work effectively with all other members of the IT department to ensure users are given the best resolution
- Implement all corrective measures to make the troubleshooting and resolution process as brief as possible
- Perform after-hours support as needed
- Associate degree in management information systems or equivalent experience
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and agile work environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Experience With One or More of the Following Preferred:
- Phone systems such as 8×8
- SaaS administration - Salesforce and Office365
- Microsoft Server operating systems
- Database administration using Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of server virtualization - Nutanix or VMWare
- Enterprise backup solutions - Rubrik
- Mobile device management - Cisco Meraki
- iPad and iOS experience a plus