IT Support Specialist
Location: Dubuque, IA
At Platinum Supplemental Insurance, our success as a sales company is directly linked to our focus on quality customer care. Whether serving a policyholder or an internal department manager, our people are professional, responsive, accommodating and pleasant.
Platinum's IT Systems and Support team is currently looking to add an IT support specialist in our Dubuque office to provide highly responsive technical support. In this position, you will work directly with internal staff and external sales representatives to communicate clear solutions and ideas. Successful candidates will be diligent problem-solvers, with help-desk experience and proficiency in IT fundamentals. This is an exciting opportunity to stretch your skills, to grow inside a dynamic and supportive company culture, and to deliver support for leading-edge technologies.
Benefits-Why People Like Working Here:
- Our offices close at 1 p.m. on Fridays, so your regular workweek looks like Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-1 p.m. It's a great way to start the weekend.
- Casual dress. We keep it professional, but we get more done in jeans than suits.
- Friendly, modern office environment with walk-out access to some of Dubuque's most vibrant lunch options.
- A daily culture that supports learning, innovation and ingenuity. This is where your career grows.
- On-site fitness facility
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
What You'll Do as an IT Support Specialist at Platinum:
- Keep an open and clear line of communication between system users and the IT department
- Diagnose software issues and troubleshoot hardware issues as they arise
- Work effectively with all other members of the IT department to ensure users are given the best and most timely resolution
- Implement all corrective measures to make the troubleshooting and resolution process as brief as possible
- Set up and install software for new desktop, laptop and mobile devices
- Relocate computer and phone hardware as required
- Perform on-call duties for after-hours support as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Help desk experience with hands-on or remote support users
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Quick learner and proficient in IT support fundamentals, general computer skills and customer service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and agile work environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer troubleshooting and technician skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office365, MacOS and Apple iPad/iPhone