Apply for this job now
Human Resources/Office Manager - EXCELLENT BENEFITS!!
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Job Type
- 30 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
This Human Resources/Office Manager Position Features:
• Offering a generous benefits package including, health, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, LTD
• Vacation, personal, sick leave, and paid holidays
• A 403 (b) tax sheltered annuity, and professional training
• Great Pay to $58K
Human Resource Management (Approximately 55% of Time)
• Oversee human resources functions for the organization including but not limited to HR systems, benefit administration, employee relations, compliance with organization wide policies, and compliance with federal and state laws.
• Ensure compliance with payroll regulations and stay abreast of relevant human resource regulations.
Attend SHRM monthly meetings, webinars, or stay up to date on HR law.
• Provides senior leadership guidance on employee relation matters, performance, disciplinary actions, and partner engagement.
• Responsible for employee recruitment, new hire screening, and onboarding.
• Updates the employee handbook as needed. Updates organization policies annually or as required.
• Oversees Volunteer Services including intern partnerships.
• Oversee and assist managers with performance processes and disciplinary actions.
• Administers the PAYLOCITY software system and relationships with human resource vendors.
• Collaborates with the Finance Manager on biweekly payroll, payroll reports, expense reports, and verifying timekeeping data for accuracy. Reviews overtime and compliance with applicable laws. Provide a payroll update prior to the closing of payroll to Finance Manager indicating all payroll changes including direct deposits, addresses, raises, payout, anniversaries, etc.
Office Administration (Approximately 45% of the Time)
• Supervise Office Coordinator and day to day front desk functions.
• Manage Information Technology consultant and all computer devices, printers, phones, etc.
• Manages and implements office safety and security policies.
• Manages relationships with office vendors.
• Manages procurement functions for office supplies and equipment including invoicing.
• Oversees and ensures compliance with the organization•s procurement policy and vendor management.
• Conduct marketing activities as assigned such as Constant Contact emails and website updates.
• Manage Corporate Files and Archives. Ensure use of photo releases and waivers for special events.
prior experience in office and HR management fairly evenly split through each day
Bachelor's level degree and certification as PHR or SHRM affiliated preferred or willing to become certified within a year
2 years HR experience with focus on payroll and benefits administration
Systems used: Paylocity and RealPage
AppleOne is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Job Reference: 671551869-2
- Date Posted: 30 July 2022
- Recruiter: AppleOne
- Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Salary: $58,000
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent