HSJ - Journalist / Reporter - Hybrid
Location: Hybrid / LondonSalary: Depending on experience
Why do we want you?
HSJ - whose NHS coverage has regularly led the news agenda during much of the covid pandemic - is looking for new correspondents to join our award-winning team.
We are looking for several journalists who can deliver exclusives and investigations which set the agenda and beat the nationals.
HSJ correspondents get to cover a national and regional patch in one of the most high-profile areas of UK public policy, supported by and learning from our experienced and expert team.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Our core purpose is helping our customers to do the right business in the right way. Over the years we've grown by acquisition developing a portfolio of businesses who provide GRC and regulatory compliance solutions to enterprise customers and professionals across the globe. Wilmington Healthcare is one of them!
Wilmington Healthcare, is a market leading provider of healthcare data, education, news and information resources with outstanding analytics capabilities. We provide our clients with market leading insight into local health economies, complemented by increased access to senior health stakeholders and the wider NHS enabling improved outcomes for patients. Our leading insight and news service, the Health Service Journal, provides the most influential people in health with vital intelligence, analysis and advice.
Join our teams in London and Basildon to be part of our exciting journey.
Duties and requirements of the Correspondent role:
- Sourcing and writing exclusive news stories
- Building relationships with very senior people, to establish a wide array of contacts across the health service
- Building deep expertise in one or more areas of health policy, performance and operation, and how these affect the NHS's relationships with those who work with it, as well as patients who rely on it
- Once you have developed an expert knowledge of your beat, sharing it as a public speaker and chair of events, and on video, as well as in your writing
- Being able to analyse the biggest issues and challenges facing the health service and individual organisations
- Writing regular regional and national briefings for our HSJ Intelligence service, which provides information for people doing business with the NHS
- Ability to think analytically to make judgements about complex issues such as health policy, management and performance, and about individual organisations
- Informing your work with data.
- Understanding complex reports and structures
Applicants should have a good news sense and strong writing style.
We know the value of bringing broad and diverse perspectives to the issues we cover, and welcome applicants from all backgrounds/protected characteristics.
The role will suit those who already have some experience in journalism - for example covering health or other areas of policy/public services, as part of their role on a regional, national or specialist title - although strong candidates in other fields will be considered.
Your responsibilities will include contributing to our nationally leading news coverage of health policy, performance, care standards and safety, finance, technology and service transformation. You will also contribute to HSJ Intelligence, our award-winning service that provides detailed insight into the challenges facing NHS organisations at a local level, and to HSJ's events.
Reporting qualifications, such as good shorthand and NCTJ certificates, are a plus.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today!