RiverWoods is currently hiring for a full-time Experienced Cook (Level 2) opening. The ideal candidate will understand and perform a variety of culinary concepts working with whole food items, able to operate a safe and sanitary workspace, have flexibility to work various stations and contribute to the resident experience by ensuring quality and consistency. You must be passionate about creating flavorful and nutritious meals using local and sustainable ingredients.
Unlike the hustle and bustle of standard restaurants, ours provides more of a set schedule (without the late-night hours) and offers you the ability to make a difference every day. Bring your creativity to the table with a willingness to learn and share your own experiences with our team for the betterment of the community, especially our residents Benefits:
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical and Dental Insurance, after 30 days of employment
- 403(b) Retirement plan with a company match
- Earned Time off, start at 15 days
- 6 Paid Holidays, 4 Personal Days
- Wellness Programs
- On-site fitness opportunities
- Employee meal program
- Education assistance
Under the direction of the Sous Chef the following are responsibilities of the Cook II, but not limited to:
- Prepares all the hot and cold food items on menu for residents and personnel according to production sheets and standardized recipes
- Maintains the highest standards of sanitation, food handling practices in performing food production tasks
- Meets daily with the Sous Chef and/or Director of Culinary Operations to review and confirm daily production amounts, culinary techniques and timing for resident meal services and special functions
- Attends in service trainings
- Maintains a clean, pristine and safe work environment
- High School Diploma or GED/ HiSET
- 2-4 years Culinary experience preferred
- ServSafe Certificate preferred
A resume is not required to apply. For assistance with your application call 603.658.1541 or email bbaade@ directly.
RiverWoods is committed to providing the highest level of service and care to our residents and team members. As such, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.RiverWoods Group: Northern New England's Largest Family of CCRCs
Three Communities, One Philosophy: Providing Community and Peace of Mind
Since 1994, every day we honor our founding premise: we are here to make things better. Everyone who works here, who serves on our board, who comes to live at one of our communities is connected to this concept. We are about making things better for people, every day. We believe that growing older should enhance, not diminish, the opportunity for a productive and rewarding life.
Each member of our team plays a critical role in achieving our mission: to create community and provide peace of mind to our residents. At RiverWoods, you will have the opportunity to work in a bright, attractive and vibrant community and enjoy a thriving long-term career.
If you're looking for work that has meaning, purpose, and a future - then RiverWoods is for you.