School Admin/Finance Assistant - Long term - ASAP Start - Newham
Remedy Education is currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic School Admin/Finance assistant who is positive, flexible and caring in their approach.
You will be at the heart of the school, working in a busy office and will be one of the main contacts for parents, staff and the wider community, helping to ensure the smooth running of the administration of the school and working closely with the central trust finance team managing day to day orders and invoices.
Main Purpose of the position
- To assist the School Business Manager in undertaking their duties and responsibilities
- To assist with the operation of financial systems and internal controls within the school
- To assist with general administration requirements of the school office.
- To manage the school's extended school enrichment programme
- To co-ordinate with the EVC a programme of school trips and visits and ensure that all necessary risk assessments and controls are in place
- To promote and develop the Christian ethos of the school
- To uphold the school's vision, values and aims and to abide by agreed professional behaviours and attitudes
- Experience working with school accounting systems e.g., Novus/RM Finance/FMS (essential)
- Experience working with school payment platforms e.g., School Cash Office, ParentPay etc (essential)
- AAT level 2 or above (desirable)
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skills i.e., GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- First aid training (desirable)
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent ICT skills with a good working knowledge of Word & Excel.
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Able to prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to deal with children and parents with empathy and sensitivity
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality
- A willingness to take on responsibility
- A team worker
Continuing Professional Development
- Willingness to undertake additional training/staff development as appropriate
- Ability to reflect on your own professional practice
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please contact Aaron at Remedy Education.