REED Accountancy & Finance are delighted to be working with a well-established business in the North-East who are currently recruiting a Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:To oversee the day-to-day operation of the finance department and ensure that adequate controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the business, and secure compliance to the necessary financial standards.To provide appropriate reports, analyses, financial insight and proposals to continuously improve the financial results, strategy orientation and implementation.Daily management and operational reports:
- preparation and submission of daily sales and open orders reports
- preparation of daily cash flow forecasting;
- review and authorize all company payments and maintain online banking controls;
- review customer and supplier transactions to ensure appropriate and accurate;
- maintenance of the fixed asset register and approval of any disposals;
- preparation of ad hoc reports for the rest of the business;
- responsible for key account reconciliations
Monthly management and reports:
- timely & accurate preparation of monthly management accounts;
- review & submit quarterly VAT returns;
- support the periodic balance sheet review process
- Coordinate and complete the month end closing process according to defined deadlines
Annual reports and processes:
- work with external auditors to complete annual audit;
- prepare annual statutory accounts;
- prepare corporation tax return data and work with auditors to finalize & submit annual tax returns;
- preparation and submission of annual packaging waste return;
- perform company secretarial duties for all UK registered companies;
- deal with external parties on ad hoc contractual & legal matters.
System and tools:
- maintain the NAV accounting system to ensure legacy details meet company requirements in the transition to E1;
- support the transition from NAV to E1 for the consolidated companies.
- Provide reports, analyses, financial insights and proposals to continuously improve the financial results and strategy orientation and implementation. Both for operations and commercial sides.
- Develop and maintain relevant dashboard of anticipative financial indicators to predict the future business health and guide Management team decisions
- Develop financial business cases and financial scenarios with finance recommendations to support decisions on projects and strategic directions (business development, investments, sales strategy, partnerships, M&A, )
Working Capital & Misc:
- Utility contract renewals;
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the financial function
- Develop and support inventory reduction action plans to achieve Project Campus targets
- Review, approve, and monitor customer/supplier terms to meet SD working capital targets
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in/capable of performing in, please apply today!