Reed Finance are delighted to be supporting one of our clients within the education sector on a newly created Finance Business Partner role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are a couple of years PQE and have current or previous exposure to Project Accounting within a large complex organisation.
Reporting into The Head of Finance Business Partnering & Strategic Planning the successful candidate needs to be a strong communicator, excellent business partnering skills and a real drive to take the lead projects and can work autonomously. The aim of this role is to provide financial & commercial insight to the SLT in alignment with short term and strategic objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Finance Business Partner for the relevant division providing business insight, financial advice and analysis to operational management team and budget holders
- Lead the regular financial performance reporting process in response to business requirements ensuring that analysis and conclusions are easy to understand and can be relied on to inform decision-making.
- Drive increased financial awareness and understanding throughout the operations
- Manage the process around funding applications, grant drawdown and consortia financing with a view to minimising any audit risk
- Review project funding applications to understand financial risk and audit requirements to minimise risk
- Manage the process of invoicing / claiming funds across projects
- Advise and consult on the financial impact of operational decisions providing expert insight including technical accounting and tax considerations, informal or bespoke forecasting and scenario analysis
- Review of relevant performance data to identify, analyse and explain opportunities and risks and proactively implement mechanisms to measure these items
- Provide contextual insight by aligning financial and non-financial data within analysis and reporting
- Qualified Accountant - minimum 2 years
- Strong Communicator
- Commercially minded with an ambition to seek solutions
For more information, please contact Roddy Mackenzie - or apply via this ad.