Field Service Engineer (C2)
If you like to troubleshoot hardware, solve complex problems and make equipment work better, this is the role for you. As a Field Service Engineer, you'll work in our state-of-the-art facility and at customer sites around the globe, where you are the face of Applied Materials and an integral part of a vibrant and diverse team.
We train our Field Service Engineers to create and support the technology that the world relies on to manufacture semiconductor chips and related materials, every day. You'll work beside global customers to install, maintain and upgrade their Applied Materials equipment, delivering world-class support for multimillion-dollar production systems.
- Assist senior engineers with installing leading-edge customer equipment, performing scheduled preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance, and upgrading equipment
- Follow procedures you learn during your training, as well as published task plans, to test equipment and to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Complete required job documentation, safety training and procedures for processing parts
- Professionally represent Applied Materials to the customer, using your customer first mindset
- Satisfy the company's and customer's on-site requirements, including safety, environmental and COVID-19 guidelines
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- An associate degree in electronics or engineering technologies, or equivalent work experience, or completion of military technical training and field experience
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics
- Clear and effective written/verbal communications skills, with an emphasis on documenting details
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Basic mechanical aptitude and knowledge in any of the following: pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, vacuum, or thermodynamics
- Knowledge of hand tools and proper usage, including a digital multimeter
Nice to have:
- 2-4 years of work experience in semiconductor industry or another equipment support industry
What to expect:
- You'll travel about 20% of the time, working with smart, awesome people like you
- You'll work on rotation and in shifts so that customers have ongoing support
- Your job requires the ability to:
- lift at least 35 lbs.
- work in a clean room environment wearing coveralls, hood, booties, safety glasses, and gloves
- sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach and stretch to reach equipment when needed, and stand for extended periods of time
- determine differences in colors
- You'll need a valid driver's license and passport
At Applied Materials, we care about the wellbeing of our people, and we strive to support you in ways that extend beyond your work environment. As an employee, y ou'll qualify for a competitive and comprehensive total rewards and benefits package, from day one.
Your benefits package will be customized for your country of residence and may include: top-tier medical, dental and vision plans; disability insurance; life insurance; retirement; paid time off; health and wellness programs; career development and mentoring; sustainability and social responsibility programs; and much more.
Additionally, all employees can take advantage of our company-sponsored global programs, including our Employee Assistance Program, Travel Accident/Medical Benefits Abroad, the company's employee stock purchase program and a subscription to wellbeing tools.
We value social responsibility, too: Our worldwide Giving program encourages employee giving and volunteering globally, while The Applied Materials Foundation provides an employee match of up to US$3,000 per employee per year.
Who we are:
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. We're the brain (and the brawn) behind every new technology development-whether it's building semiconductor chips for smartphones and computers, or the underpinnings for robotics, AI and even smart TV display screens. With 27,000 employees in 19 countries, we offer an exciting place to grow and learn alongside some of the best people you'll ever meet. We take deep pride in our Culture of Inclusion, and we celebrate the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that help us build stronger, more resilient teams.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we actively recruit diverse talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Join us as we innovate to Make Possible a Better Future!
Qualifications Education: Associate's Degree Skills Certifications: Languages: Years of Experience: 2 - 4 Years Work Experience: Additional Information Travel: Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.