Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time Executive Director
at our Cedarhurst of Topeka community.
As an Executive Director, you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! This includes running a successful community, but also understanding the importance of leadership, dedication, and putting the needs of the residents and community staff first.
In this role, you will be accountable for strategic planning and profitability, as well as responsible for all operations of the community and programs. You will be a resident advocate, ensuring the delivery of quality nursing care in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting your care team and optimizing each residents well-being and overall experience.
As an Executive Director, you will impact the lives of our residents by
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Community including, maintaining high customer satisfaction, marketing, sales, regulatory compliance, meeting financial expectations and ensuring a quality workforce.
- Provides leadership in such a manner that represents key servant leadership principles, including effective listening, empathy, awareness, and persuasiveness
- Hires, orients, supervises, evaluates, reviews and appropriately disciplines all community staff
- Offers proactive solutions to problems and circumstances in keeping with the company vision, values, policies and standards
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Regional Director of Operations from time to time.
To become an Executive Director, you will need
- Two (2+) years of experience or (3+) yeas as Assistant Executive Director in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, state required license/certification for operating an Assisted Living/Memory Care community is desired.
- Proven ability to manage four to five (4-10) subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 30-100 employees in the areas of Housekeeping, Wellness, Life Enrichment, Sales, Dining, Maintenance, and Office.
- Demonstrates competence in the area of regulatory compliance and ensures that the property stays in regulatory compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Proven experience in leadership, development and retention of staff.
- Passion for working with older adults.
- Knowledge of sales, cost control and basic accounting.
- Great customer service.
- Servant leadership.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate clearly and take direction from management, as well as to take initiative and go above and beyond to meet resident needs.
- Flexibility and the ability to work weekends, as needed. Be on call at all times.
- General knowledge of laws and regulations regarding senior living care.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office, Prism, Kronos, Yardi, electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position which includes, but is not limited to, seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means youre devoted to doing The Friends Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.