Role: Team Leader/ Eevents AssistantLocation: Teddington, Middlesex
Salary / Rate of pay: £26,000
Platinum Recruitment is working in partnership with a popular boutique hotel in Teddington, Middlesex and we have a fantastic opportunity.
5 days in 7, starting 7am and finish any time before 10pm. Usually an 8 hour shift; sometimes longer depending on business needs.
Inclusive of working weekends, not every weekend however on rotation.
or a Team Leader/ Events Assistant to join their team.
What's in it for you?
My client is a very well know hotel, beautiful grounds and hold corporate events.
- Career progression
- To work on beautiful grounds
- Variation, challenging duties, and responsibilities
- Sociable role
- Lunches paid
- Parking on site
- A full time and permanent role
- £26,000 + paid overtime
- 20 days holiday
- On site parking
Why choose our Client?
A beautiful hotel on stunning grounds. Paid lunches and on site parking. To work with great people. Support all events.
The Team Leader AV Technician will report directly to the Operations Manager, liaising on a day-to-day basis with the Senior Guest Services and the Team Leader Event Co-ordinator. He /she will also provide assistance on all technical matters working closely with the IT & Systems Manager on IT systems across the organisation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Conference and Events AV equipment is logged and serviced as required keeping accurate records of all service and maintenance requirements.
- Update Standard Operating procedures and carry out training on AV as required.
- Carry out the arrangement and removal of furniture as required for the events and activities with particular reference to the weekly function sheet. This will involve lifting and moving tasks as required by the operational departments.
- Setting up and preparation of lecture, meeting and Event rooms, including moving and setting furniture as required, Ensure that all equipment in the room is in good working order. Check daily rooms in use are unlocked, clean and presentable, stocked and any requested equipment is available and correct room signage displayed.
- Basic observation of the fabric of the building, including occasionally assisting with the replacement of light bulbs/tubes and reporting to Maintenance any mechanical equipment breakdowns or problems
- Undertake cleaning and minor repair duties to furniture and fittings as required, to include the removal and replacing of furniture etc. where necessary.
- Ensure security of the building and safe storage of all equipment, carry out opening and closing procedures to include general surveillance and other duties to ensure the Security of the site. This will include:
- Attend training in Fire Fighting and First Aid (if suitable) and when trained, provide the initial response to first aid and other emergencies.
- Enforce Health & Safety requirements as detailed in the Employment Manual and contingency manual e.g. fire, first aid ambulance emergency etc. and take on responsibility as part of the Emergency response team in the event of an emergency.
- Lift operating, involving manual winching down of non-functioning passenger units to release occupants
- Assisting with gritting of all areas as required during cold periods in the winter.
- Organise the layout of tables, chairs, and umbrellas on rear terrace (Wimbledon) as required. Organise tables and chairs for other rooms when requested.
- Drive Club vehicles, and organise the running the shuttle service. Ensure these are kept well maintained and clean at all times.
- Responsible for all coffee and tea stations, ensuring dirty cups are removed, cleaned and areas maintained to high standards at any time.
- Working with the operations department, ensuring cleaning and appearance of the conference centre is maintained to a high presentable standard at any time (corridors, toilets, window cleaning, etc.)
- Remain well presented at any time, wearing correct uniform, well-trimmed and groomed, offering great hospitality and help to all delegates and guests.
- Deliver high standards of service throughout conference centre, ensuring all delegates and guest are safe, and all requirements are met.
Sound like the role for you? Then we would love to hear from you!
Click Apply Now and one of the team will in touch to discuss the Team Leader/ Events Assistant work we have that suits you in Teddington, Middlesex.
Don't forget to speak to your consultant about our "Recommend a Friend" referral scheme and find out how you could earn up to £250 per recommendation.
Job Number: 918250/ INDCOMM
Job Role: Team Leader/ Events Assistant
Location: Teddington, Middlesex
Platinum Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.