About the role:
The Electrical Engineer reports to the Facilities & Utilities Manager with primary responsibilities for:
- Safe and efficient operation of site electrical systems, these include LV, MV & HV Systems, Switch Gear, Back-up Generators, UPS Systems and Electrical Safety Systems.
- Develop electrical engineering standards and procedures.
- Be Electrical System Owner & Site Electrical Subject Matter Expert.
- Contractor management.
- Continuous improvement plans to enhance the operations in Electrical areas.
- Manage shutdown requirements from Electrical perspective.
Optional hybrid work model.
How you will contribute:
- Responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all site Electrical systems on site, including but not limited to; Back-up Generators, Transformers, Electrical Distribution Systems, Electrical ATEX Equipment, UPS Systems, MCC's and Switch Gear.
- Provide electrical troubleshooting support to minimise downtime.
- Be a Site Subject Matter Expert on electrical engineering issues.
- Review technical drawings to ensure they conform to the highest standards.
- Manage root cause analysis to identify and eliminate the cause of electrical failures using Power Quality Analysis.
- Document Electrical design standards and testing processes for the site.
- Manage feasibility studies for new technology.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure correct spares are specified and maintained at levels to maintain operations.
- Operate planned and unplanned maintenance systems as defined in Engineering Department procedures. Implement procedures for new equipment.
- Manage Department performance against defined KPIs.
- Manage safe working practices of team members and contractors while on site.
- Instigate maintenance improvement projects to improve availability and efficiency.
- Lead quality investigations relating to Electrical systems.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Department Document Management System.
- Participate in training plans.
- Help with the formation and control of operational budgets.
Specific Experience & Knowledge in the following areas:
- Power systems engineering
- Electrical utility operations
- Energy infrastructure
- Energy industry operations
- Systems integration
- Analyze Circuits
- Digital Electronics
- Energy Conversion
- Electrical distribution
- Equipment sizing
- Systems design
- Electrical systems legislation and standards
Environmental Health and Safety:
- Lead site programmes to manage certain High Risk activities.
- Participate in site EHS activities and ensure that site Electrical personnel comply with legislation and best practice.
- Foster an ethos and culture of safety awareness, where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Work with all GC personnel, contractors and visitors to ensure that all safety policies, procedures and regulations are fully observed across the site on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements as applicable to Electrical engineering/ maintenance systems.
- Ensure that team are well trained to safely manage their roles. Develop training for relevant personnel with a focus on direct operational and technical support personnel.
- Preparation and delivery of training material.
- Ensure completion of all SOP training and assessment tasks.
- Ensure that all training and assessment is promptly recorded for themselves and other relevant personnel observing TILGC procedures.
- Maintain their base. Keep up-to-date with all current trends and legislation.
- Participate in any training plans.
- Guide and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an necessary part of the business.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Beacon Events are completed promptly.
- Ensure completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other tasks and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
What you bring to Takeda:
- 3rd level Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, required.
- Previous trade background an advantage.
- Knowledge of Electrical systems typically associated with a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of Maintenance practices and legislation for a pharmaceutical facility operating within Ireland/Europe.
- At least 10 years maintenance experience within a pharmaceutical facility.
- Experience with regulatory audits, in particular representing engineering type issues.
- Experience with ISO standard requirements would be an advantage.
- The ability to work in a regulated industry and work toward continuous improvement.
- The ability to implement strategies to resolve complex problems.
- coupled with the ability to produce technical reports.
- Well organised and Safety focused
- Working knowledge of maintenance CMMS, e.g. SAP-PM.
What Takeda can offer you:
Full Healthcare Cover - includes dependents
Parking facilities with electric car charging points
Health & Wellness programmes including onsite flu shots and health screenings
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programmes. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Grange Castle, Ireland Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type