There isn't a better time than now to join our team! We are looking to modernize the infrastructure, architecture, and applications as part of our cloud-first journey. Come join the team to become part of this exciting roadmap as we grow and scale our business. Lamar's Corporate office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is now hiring a new Digital Network Administrator. This position is responsible for ensuring administration of network security, and analysis of new technologies and processes to enhance Lamar's digital billboard network.
Lamar's Corporate Office in Baton Rouge, LA is home to over 250 professionals from every walk of corporate life. We enjoy a beautifully renovated office building with a modern design, a beverage refreshment station, a relaxing dining area, amazing holiday parties, and a quaint outdoor patio to enjoy the good weather days!
Who we are:
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over 351,000 displays across the United States and Canada Lamar is dedicated to helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad audiences every day.
We provide ad space through:
- Interstate logos
- Handpainted murals
- Transportation and airports
- The largest network of digital billboards in the United States
We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We are committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to reduce our environmental impact. We are actively working to reduce our annual greenhouse gas emissions and are projecting a 70% decrease by 2026 as a result of our efforts.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Our Relationships
- Giving Back Program
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Incentivized wellness programs
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Participate in the day-to-day operation of the network, including hardware/software support, training, and special projects
- Research, analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve simple server or data network problems(proposing possible solutions to senior network administrators for approval as needed)
- Research and evaluate new technologies related to the network, server, PC hardware, and software for simple networks and assist in ensuring that computer software and applications adhere to the organizational plan
- Assist in planning, designing, and implementing data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems
- Assist in maintaining the network user documentation
- Assist in solving technical problems involving multiple operating systems and applications
- Assist in installing, testing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software as needed
- Coordinate, enforce, and assist in archiving network policies, procedures (including safety procedures), and standards
- Monitor network data usage
- Communicate verbally and in writing with workers and vendors regarding hardware/software purchases, product services, and support
- Establish and maintain user accounts, access privileges, and security
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of routing and general IP knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of network protocols/services (tcp/http, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of firewall and NAT technology
- Intermediate windows based scripting knowledge
- Working knowledge of active directory functionality and virtualization
- Working knowledge of servers and workstations
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated time Management skills to prioritize multiple large projects, tasks, and/or demands at a time
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 2-4 years of IT experience required
- Network Administration, Help Desk, and/or IT Security experience preferred
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The primary work environment is an office.
- The physical demands for the position includes light lifting, reaching, seeing (which includes reading, color distinction, and acuity), sitting more than 50% of the time, talking, and turning.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Resident Disclaimer: California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Federal Vaccine Mandate: As a federal contractor, Lamar may be required to comply with federal contractor COVID-19 vaccine mandates depending on the outcome of pending litigation. If these mandates are upheld, at time of hire, all employees would be required a) to submit their vaccination status and b) to submit proof of their vaccination. If an accommodation request is necessary, you will have the opportunity to submit a request after you receive a conditional offer of employment, if selected to fill this role. All accommodation requests are subject to review and could result in a denial.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)