At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a DevOps Engineer
in in our National DevOps business unit and located in Kansas City, MO.
Candidates for the DevOps Engineer position typically major in computer science, or a computer related field, and have 3 to 5 years of work experience in a related IT field. As a DevOps consultant you will work closely with technical leads and developers of various teams to implement process improvements in various domains including: source code management, continuous integration, deployment automation and infrastructure as code. You will help implement DevOps related tools and processes within an organization.Responsibilities
- Follow direction from project leads to implement requirements
- Interact with other cross-functional teams to help architect, design, develop, test, and release features
- Demonstrate knowledge in various DevOps domains (Agile, SCM, pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, etc.)
- Implement Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new DevOps solutions
- Build templates, workflows, first of a kind solutions for various DevOps use cases as directed
- Implement provided architectural solutions/designs in various DevOps disciplines
- Work with offshore team members as required as well as clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks
- Support common vision, practices and capabilities across teams
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
We are looking for colleagues with engaging personalities, a passion for excellence in technology, a problem solving nature, and these other qualifications:
- An understanding of DevOps domains including Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Deployment Automation, Infrastructure as Code, AWS/Azure Cloud, etc.
- Experience with DevOps tooling (Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker, etc.)
- Specific expreince with Jenkins and Red Hat Ansible is desired. The candidate will be required to demonstrate their knowledge of these specific tools.
- Several years of experience writing Jenkins pipeline jobs is required. Shared library experience with Maven builds is required.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment is desired.
- Experience with automated application testing (i.e. SoapUI) is desired.
- Strong understanding of application release management within a complex environment is required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 years working in a realted IT field
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A drive for continual self-improvement, particularly to learn and adopt new technologies
- The ability to work well on teams and in front of clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude with high energy
- A desire for travel nationally
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Disclaimer:
The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?