Description DevOps Engineer (1.5-3 years of technical experience in software development, exp. w/ automation of systems deployment and admin. Tasks via tools like shell scripting, octopus, powershell, etc.)
United States (100% Remote)
$90,000/yr. - $110,000/yr. - Full-time
Description & Requirements
Our client delivers technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
The Enterprise Integration team is looking to add a DevOps Engineer to their group to participate in development and administration as part of Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, and infrastructure automation projects. This position works days and the qualified candidate will need to have the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with their peers and our customers.
This position can be worked remotely in the U.S. Working hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST.What You'll Be Responsible For
What You'll Need To Have
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
- Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
- Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
- Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
- Develop and build operating system release media.
- Adhere to team design and development standards.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.
- Use appropriate tooling associated with DevOps engineering and system configuration management.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed.
- Collaborate with the wider team on design and code reviews.
- Some after-hours and weekend work required.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What Would Be Nice For You To Have
- Minimum of 18 months to three years of technical experience in software development or related field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Not eligible for visa sponsorship
- General knowledge in the following areas:
- Automation of system deployment and administration tasks via tools such as shell scripting, Octopus, Power Shell, etc.
- Technical knowledge in configuration management and software development methodologies
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Able to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas: o System deployment automation and system configuration management
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet