Job Title Design & Systems Engineer
Responsible to Lead Design & Systems Engineer
Location Oundle, Northamptonshire
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
You are to be part of a multi-disciplined design team working within the Design and Engineering office in Oundle. You are to produce detailed assembly and production drawings that optimise the capabilities of our production facility, increasing both design and production efficiencies throughout the group.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
External suppliers / Naval architects & Certification bodies
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
1. Working within the design team on a variety of engineered systems including fuel, freshwater, HVAC, fire protection, hydraulics, and drivetrain.
2. Detailing a variety of deck outfitting components, and mechanical systems
3. Aiding the team in the successful delivery of all New Product Introduction, and Model Year upgrade projects.
4. Creation of small mould construction and installation drawings
5. Working with a team of designers / external contractors / naval architects, to optimize the overall design and build efficiency.
6. Be able to produce full production drawings level, including detailed system drawings / schematics / Specification documents and installations, to enable the production teams and external contractors to efficiently produce the yacht and its components.
7. Have a clear understanding of materials, BOM s, and design standards.
8. A good knowledge of marine systems used throughout yachts.
9. The ability to work on multiple projects.
10. Occasional travel between design and manufacturing sites will be required.
11. Liaise directly with the Fairline Sales team and the FYDS Concept team, to ensure the Concept design is suitable for production.
12. Ensure that the product complies with all relevant Codes and Classifications.
13. To liaise with other departments within the business to ensure designed components, meet target costing and Production expectancy.
14. To be able to liaise with the production line to discuss design requirements and issues.
15. Attend various meetings and support Design For Manufacture and Assembly reviews, including any necessary testing activity.
16. To be hard working, truthful, conscientious, and to be a key member of Fairline Yachts Design Studio team, whilst also undertaking any other duties that may assist FYDS or Fairline Yachts.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Degree level qualification - Desirable
2. Prior Systems / Engineering design experience essential
3. Able to work with 3D CAD software - Siemens NX preferred, or a similar 3D software package.
4. Experience with PLM - Desirable.
5. Design and practical experience in the yachting sector - Desirable
6. Excellent communication skills. Comprehensive knowledge of yacht production techniques and processes - Desirable
7. A can do problem solving attitude combined with strong team working skills is essential.
8. A high level of commercial acumen.
It is a requirement of Fairline Yachts that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business