A position at White Cap isnt your ordinary job. Youll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job Summary
Responsible for assisting with counter sales and customer service. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Nature and Scope
- Receives, researches, and answers customer questions regarding accounts, products, rates and services offered, via telephone or in person.
- Engages with both counter customers and phone customers to fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer timely solutions.
- Processes orders, quotes prices, enters orders into the system and provides order information to customers. Pull orders as required.
- Communicates product features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications (provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve customers problems).
- Upsells by identifying related products, add-on extensions and making customers aware of product promotions.
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Experience using sales order computer software, familiarity with Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of company construction and industrial products.
If youre looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We cant wait to meet you. Functional Area
Lanaro, Gabriela Req ID
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.