VP Supply Corp is one of the nation's largest distributor of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical supplies. We have over 350 employees with 15 locations across Western New York and Pennsylvania. For over 50 years, we have proudly served residential customers as well as contractors and municipalities across a variety of industries. Position Overview:
We are currently seeking to hire a Counter Sales Associate
with at least 1 year of relevant electrical or plumbing experience to join our Holley
branch. As an essential business, our team is continuing to expand to meet the growing demands of our customers.
We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all customers at point of sale with service, respect, and knowledge.
- Consult with customers to analyze both current and future needs to determine the most appropriate level of service/sales.
- Pick materials from warehouse to fill orders.
- Assist with stocking materials in warehouse, as well as loading/unloading vehicles.
- Use company-provided systems to improve planning and collect customer history.
- Maintain a neat counter area and product displays.
- Review open order report on a weekly basis.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrate comprehensive company product knowledge to customers and effectively articulate company's competitive advantage.
- Remain up to date on market, customers, suppliers, and competitors.
- Learn and demonstrate competence in features and functionality of all product lines.
- Provide occasional order picking and miscellaneous warehouse duties, as the need arises.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- At least 1 year of electrical, plumbing or parts sales experience and at least 1 year of shipping, receiving, order selection, packing and/or stocking of product is required.
- Experience in the electrical industry is preferred, but not required.
- Willing and able to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to lift products up to 75 pounds.
- Previous experience in environment with walk-in/call-in customer orders and assisting in electrical related issues also preferred.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have reliable daily transportation to branch location.
- This job operates in a both a retail and warehouse setting. This position requires standing on feet up to 8 hours/day and frequent lifting or carrying of items up to 75 pounds.