Job DescriptionCounter Sales AssociateCharlottesville, VA
Capital Electric, a distributor of electrical construction materials, is currently seeking an individual eager to start a career in the Electrical Distribution Industry at our Charlottesville, VA location. A Counter Sales associate for Capital Electric is responsible for selling product to customers, assisting customers with product selection, and develop customer relationships to ensure Capital Electric remains the Electrical Distributor of Choice.
- Handle incoming customer phone calls
- Greet walk-in customers
- Assist customer with order and provide appropriate product selection
- Pick customer order from warehouse and bring to counter
- Prepare customer sales ticket and charge accordingly
- Promote and sell company's product promotions
- Provide assistance to certain warehouse functions
- Reach monthly goals in sales and gross margin
- Courtesy and politeness toward customers
- Multi-task and continually prioritize tasks to be completed throughout the day
- Other duties as required
- High School or GED
- Sales experience and/or Electrical Knowledge preferred, but will train the right candidate
- Good and dependable mathematics, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer and MS Office literate
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on regular basis; up to 70 lbs. occasionally
- Reliable, responsible, and a great work ethic
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electric is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.