Baker Distributing Company is one of the largest distributors of HVAC, refrigeration and food service equipment that has been in business for nearly 75 years; we are disruptors! We are disrupting the distribution industry every single day as we transform our company into a world-class supply chain. Our 1,400 employees and 200+ locations serve 50,000 active customers. Our corporate headquarters is in Jacksonville, Fla., Baker Distributing Company is a subsidiary of Watsco (NYSE: WSO).
At Baker, we are utilizing emerging technologies and innovations to diversify our portfolio and our service offerings to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
People are the core of our business -- those who work for us (our employees), those who work with us (our suppliers and vendors) and those we work for (our customers). While some of our employees are the most experienced in the industry, we are always seeking new talent with fresh ideas. If you have a keen sense of respect -- for yourself and others; an unfaltering devotion to integrity; the drive to provide consistency; the tenacity to strive for excellence; and embody the spirit of teamwork, we would love to talk with you.Job Description
The Counter Sales Associate is responsible for our sales counter at one of our wholesale HVAC distributorships that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to provide strong customer service in a sales-oriented setting.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Represent Baker Distributing Company as a leader in the industry ensuring maximum sales.
- Interact with internal and outside sales people, vendors and contractors.
- Responsible for showroom merchandising and re-stocking product.
- Assist in resolving customer relations problems with both dealers and end users.
- Complete sales order process for customers with efforts to up-sell associated items.
- Service walk-in and telephone customers and assist with sourcing and shipping parts, inventory control and warranty administration.
- Provide customer product and service needs by researching products via computer system, catalog, telephone or other reference sources.
- Arrange stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order.
- Apply suggestive selling techniques and up sells to current and prospective customers.
- Conduct outgoing customer sales or service calls and resolve customer complaints.
Baker Distributing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to, as well as practices, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Therefore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law in the recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, and promotion of our employees.And here is what you will need to be successful:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong background in technical support, HVAC parts, and customer service/sales with intermediate MS Office capabilities.
- Customer Service, Data Entry, Estimating, Purchase Orders, Sales, Shipping/Receiving Minimum 1+ year experience in a Counter Sales role, preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- Strong interpersonal skills including sales, problem solving, and customer service focus absolutely required.
- Ability to work independently but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with skills to multi-task on different levels.
- Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop long term relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.