Build your career with a company that is rated a top 20 lender nationally for VA Home Loans! Veterans First Mortgage is an FHA/VA home lender. Come join a team that trains you from the ground up! Veterans First Mortgage employees strive to give each and every borrower an exceptional customer experience. We have a visionary marketing team with a cutting-edge lead program. Our in-house team of loan officers, processors, underwriters and closers share one goal: to make the loan process swift, simple and compliant. Military members make up a large part of our demographic. An increasing number of veterans are using their home loan benefits. Come take advantage of this momentum and feel a great satisfaction in helping those that serve our country.
For more information on Veterans First Mortgage, please visit
Veterans First Mortgage is a consumer-direct lender that specializes in serving Veterans and the military community from its main loan center in Salt Lake City. We operate under Wintrust Financial Corporation , an Illinois-based bank.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture that supports Personal Growth, Respect, Trusted Relationships, All-in Approach, Employee Empowerment
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a company match and tuition reimbursement, parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), banking benefits, pet insurance and more
- Generous paid time off and flexible work hours
- Opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote-from-within culture
- You can make a difference!
- Veterans First holds Top Workplace awards from The Salt Lake Tribune and The San Diego Union-Tribune
Why join this team?
- Resources and care to ensure success from the moment you start: comprehensive two-week initial training period; ongoing coaching and routine Individual Development Plan meetings; friendly and inviting environment, with help and support always available
- Earn more than just an hourly wage: initial hourly wage of $16.00 an hour, with uncapped monthly incentive based on performance metrics allowing motivated individuals to maximize their paychecks
- Grow with us: additional in-house training as early as month three allows for more responsibility and increase in hourly wage; our department promotes 100% from within; career opportunities in other departments open up, and our team members frequently fill those roles
- Flexibility to achieve the right work-life balance: Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. business hours; full-time and part-time schedules available with both morning and evening shifts; we accommodate school schedules and requests for shift changes the best that we can
What You'll Do
- Create a lasting first impression by being the initial response to prospective borrowers who submit online inquiries for information
- Re-engage and nurture past clients
- Gain an understanding of clients' mortgage needs and verify submitted information
- Navigate CRM and enter client information
- Advance and introduce potential borrowers to licensed loan officers
- Have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Enjoy engaging with people and nurturing relationships
- Be able to multitask, enter data accurately, and navigate CRM promptly
- Be goal-oriented and crave advancement within the company
- Previous call center experience preferred, but not required
Medical Insurance Dental Vision Life insurance Accidental death and dismemberment Short-term and long term Disability Insurance Parental Leave Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Traditional and Roth 401(k) with company match Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Employee Stock Purchase Plan at 5% discount Critical Illness Insurance Accident Insurance Transportation and Commuting Benefits Banking Benefits Pet Insurance
Since 1996, Veterans First Mortgage has helped over 100,000 borrowers obtain the American Dream of home ownership. Inside Mortgage Finance ranks Veterans First Mortgage as a top VA mortgage lender by volume. With primary lending centers in Salt Lake City, UT and San Diego, CA, and loan officer licensed nationwide in almost every state, Veterans First is a VA and FHA mortgage lender that has over 350 hard-working team members that strive to make every aspect of the loan process as easy as possible. Veterans First Mortgage community and overseas programs revolve around veterans and our Troops. When we say "Thank you for your service," we mean it! Veterans First Mortgage is a trade name of Wintrust Mortgage, a division of Barrington Bank & Trust Company, N.A., a Wintrust Community Bank, NMLS # 449042.
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.