Construction Property Underwriter
Zurich is currently hiring an experienced Construction Property Underwriter (Mid Senior -Senior Level) to join the Construction team in the South region. This includes our Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Orlando, Houston, or Dallas Offices.
Zurich is one of the leading insurance providers in the construction industry, our mission is to provide creative solutions for the risks our customers face today and in the future.
As a Construction Property Underwriter, you will handle complex new and renewal accounts across Builders Risk, Contractors Equipment and Fixed Property lines. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with our Preferred Distribution Partners within the South region. This is an exciting time to join Construction at Zurich!
This role will be filled at either the Underwriter (Mid-senior) or Senior Underwriter. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicants experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position
The Construction Property Underwriter is responsible for:
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs.
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale
- Market facing and production within the growing Construction division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
Construction Property Underwriter (Mid-Senior) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Senior Construction Property Underwriter Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Bachelors Degree
- Technical knowledge of Construction Property Underwriting
- Established broker relationships
- Sales execution mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere () to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Atlanta, AM - Dallas, AM - Houston, AM - Maitland, AM - Charlotte, AM - Nashville
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: