Founded by the Oxford Trust in 1987, Oxford Innovation (OI), is the leading provider of innovation spaces across the UK, supporting the growth of early business stages through flexible and affordable workspace - office, workshop or laboratory - and a network of Innovation Directors providing information and guidance. We are now seeking to appoint a new Community Manager to lead the team at Witney Business and Innovation Centre in West Oxfordshire. This is a pivotal role - to develop the dynamic and engaged business community at Witney BIC, leading the sales, marketing, operational and ultimate financial performance.
The Community Manager will report to the Commercial Manager (Central), supported by a Customer Experience Assistant, and will work alongside our client (Canmoor, the building owner) and 3rd party partner (Savills) who are responsible for the Facilities Management and Credit Control of the centre. The Community Manager should expect to work directly and closely with the Commercial Manager and other members of the senior management team.
What will you do?
- Build and sustain a dynamic and engaged business community through events, regular communications and facilitation of connections.
- Cultivate the working partnership between Oxford Innovation Space and our client and 3rd party partner, along with other partners to identify and develop areas of collaboration and joint initiatives
- Deliver a world class service to the Innovation Centre community in facilities, support and collaborative connections, and the training and development of centre staff
- Overall management control and accountability for thecommercial performance of the centre, delivering all aspects of sales, marketing, and operational activities for the centre to attract new customers and ensuring the retention of existing occupiers
What experience will you have?
- Experience in the operational running of an asset of the size, character and quality of an Innovation Centre
- Previous experience in an office environment preferred
- Refined networking skills demonstrated through the ability to maximise revenue opportunities
- Clearly identifiable leadership skills in order to manage a team within a service environment, ensuring overall performance is maximised
- Evidence of excellent negotiation skills within previous roles
- Previous experience of managing a budget and P&L
- Able to communicate effectively and engaging with relevant stakeholders and high-level contacts
What are you like?
- Attention to detail/completer finisher
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Good communication skills, tactful and persuasive
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with a desire to contribute to the company more widely
- Client and customer services focussed
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Motivate, lead and delegate tasks to team
- Team player and team leader
What s in it for you?
- Salary of £35,000 pa
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits package comprising:
- Contributory pension
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
- Private medical and dental insurance and health screening
- Bicycle purchase
- Charitable Giving
- Friendly, informal and flexible working environment - so you can make the most of your home and your work life
- We want you to have chances to progress into senior management roles and so we will support you in learning new skills and taking the next steps in your career.
- We ve also got access to a whole load of discounts so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.
If you think you could be a great member of team and would like an exciting opportunity in return, then this is the role you have been looking for - click apply today to become our new Community Manager or to find out more information about the role. We would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.