Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Work closely and effectively with LOB and Credit partners through the underwriting, credit approval, documentation, closing and funding, post-closing, and portfolio management procedures for credits.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the banks risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deal team lead focus on new money to new borrowers to the bank.
- Work in cooperation with relationship Managers with initial deal review, modeling, and structuring. This will include the creation of the Opportunity Memo.
- Work in cooperation with RM's with deal pre-clearance within the Structured Finance Group, Credit, Capital Markets/Syndications, and other constituents.
- Work in cooperation with RM's, customers/prospects, and third-party providers to order, obtain and ascertain due diligence information as required.
- Utilize and analyze all available resources to prepare the credit approval document, Change in terms.
- Coordinate with the RM and Credit to obtain the proper credit approval.
- Engage and manage legal counsel and negotiate legal documentation in conjunction with RM.
- Complete and manage the closing, funding, and booking process in cooperation with the Funding Desk and Credit Collateral Operations.
- Complete internal and external post-closing items.
- Complete the underwriting process for deal amendments and restructurings.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
Management of Underwriter II
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES REQUIRED:
- College degree in accounting, finance, or economics required.
- 4+ years CRE Homebuilder credit experience is required.
- Must be proficient in basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Must be attentive to detail and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage several detailed tasks and processes concurrently.
LI-JB WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
- Extended viewing of CRT screen.
- Some travel required.
Commercial Real Estate Sr. Underwriter - Homebuilder
LOCATION -- Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.