Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
Old Plank Trail Community Bank is recruiting for an Underwriter to support our Northwest Indiana Middle Market Banking team. This individual will work alongside peer underwriters, account officers, business development managers, portfolio managers, and senior credit officer to develop and be able to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate a deep understanding of the operating performance, the potential borrowing needs and appropriate structures existing and prospective clients.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating Middle Market Commercial Banking loan requests (Commercial & Industrial) using a thorough knowledge of loan policy, guidelines, and procedures.
- Preparing annual financial reviews and loan approval presentations for upper management, focusing on a company's leverage, key risk factors, and sources of repayment, cash flow, and ability to service debt.
- Thoughtful analysis, accurately and effectively communicates changes in financial position over the analysis period. Is able to communicate the drivers behind the changes in financial performance identifies key risks of the transaction and appropriate mitigates.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly, respectfully, and in a concise manner.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Communicates effectively. Proactively communicates outstanding deliverables to ensure the underwriting is consistently moving forward to completion. Prioritizes work deliverables and communicates when additional guidance is needed to best prioritize.
- Analyzing commercial, business, and personal financial data collected for the purpose of issuing, extending, amending, reviewing, and monitoring commercial credit facilities.
- Analyzing a company's financial, operational, and management strengths and weaknesses to minimize capital, balance sheet, and reputation risk.
- Pro-active management of existing portfolio, new business opportunities and own pipeline of
- Completing portfolio/risk management activities including the review of covenants and periodic financial statement reporting as well as ACH portfolio oversight.
- Working closely with lenders, credit officers, loan/credit operations and borrowers to ensure credit requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Gets work done effectively. Consistently meets deadlines. Drives projects and issues to closure.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree. (Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred)
- 2-5 years' experience underwriting business loan requests
- Formal credit training a plus
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.