Pacific Medical Group is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and knowledgeable Clinic Manager to lead our team of clinic staff at our North Portland clinic. To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have prior management experience in a medical clinic/ healthcare setting.
The Clinic Manager is responsible for providing thorough and effective leadership of staff to ensure prompt and courteous service to clients and patients, as well as leading and directing the operation of the organization and all daily business office activities. Responsibilities also include monitoring staff implementation of the medical billing system, overseeing areas of third party reimbursements, physician billing, collections, contract administration, management reporting, and project and risk management.
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the Praxis Health family is so special. Please click here: https://youtu.be/MrNWtn42prY
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No out of pocket premium cost for employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
Benefits: We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, and on top of this, you will work with a talented group of providers, professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the highest standards of quality care. The family of providers within the Praxis Health values those we provide for and we value our employees.
Pacific Medical Group, part of Praxis Health, is a Family and Internal Medicine practice comprised of six clinics in the Portland-Metro/Vancouver area and the admin support office. The clinic manager is accountable for the overall day-to day business operations of their clinic.
Management of Clinic Operations
- Manages daily operations of clinic(s)
- Monitors and maintains labor and non-labor costs within budget.
- Monitors operation systems, including phone service, scheduling, and medical records, implementing change when needed.
- Reviews clinic systems, concerns, budgets and goals with clinic providers as needed.
- Conducts clinic staff and department meetings at least monthly. Coordinates and records minutes of clinic staff and department meetings.
- Maintains composure in all situations with patients, associates, providers and external contacts.
At Praxis Health, we support the organizational mission and vision, emphasizing teamwork, trust, professionalism, efficiency, and customer service to provide the best quality care to our patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision of clinic staff.
Maintain performance standards of supervised employees including performance evaluations, discipline, training and development.
Ensure adequate staffing levels through timely and effective recruitment.
Lead by example through an expertise in daily operations.
Delegation and monitoring of all office responsibilities.
Effective and timely staffing, training, and evaluating employees.
Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating office policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and appropriate e-mail updates.
Work with other supervisors and manager to facilitate cross-training and ensure inter-department communication and cohesion
Reliable attendance and presence at work.
At this time, Praxis Health is required to mandate the COVID-19 vaccination for all employees and this will be required as a condition of employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations will be fairly considered.
Qualifications (experience, skills, knowledge)
- Experience with scheduling, and back and front office operations
- Knowledge of accounting, purchasing, and human resource practices/principals
- Familiarity and compliance with HIPAA, OSHA and other regulations
- Competence managing all human resources aspects of recruitment, staff training and development, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, and compliance with clinic policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Windows-based EMR software
- Competent with MS Windows software such as Work, Excel, Outlook
- Accurate and detail oriented; problem solving; pro-active planning; metric development; good organizational skills and communication skills; the ability to work with other department managers and supervisors; experience with management of staff; Ability to manage workload and empower others.
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business or healthcare administration, plus minimum 4 years direct clinic management experience
- In lieu of degree, 6 to 8 years of demonstrated clinic management experience
Praxis Health is a family of medical groups providing high quality healthcare throughout the state of Oregon. Our community-based clinics are the DNA of our business, providing better medicine, advocacy for our patients, and a satisfying and collaborative culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not big box health care, but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
Manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands for deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the office, throughout the day. Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines.
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.