WHAT YOU'LL DO
As CE Sustainability Operations (Senior) Manager, you'll be responsible for shaping Boston Consulting Group's (BCG) strategy to achieve net zero climate impact by 2030 within our Central Europe (CE) system. You'll take on a central role in (re)defining measures for BCG to reach science-based net zero targets by driving specific projects independently, e.g., rethinking car sharing models, implementing new means of travel, and driving further initiatives for a greener organization. You will be an expert advisor to our CE leadership team, providing them with all relevant data and presenting suitable concepts.
In that function, you'll be the interface to BCG, regionally as well as globally, on all carbon-related topics to implement and track BCG's decarbonization roadmap. You'll form a link between the various counterparts, communicate with our leadership team, and give your expert guidance regarding climate and sustainability topics. You'll also attend global and regional EMESA meetings and collaborate with our office Green Teams. With your strong project management skills and your broad knowledge of climate change and climate protection, you'll be in charge of assessing, implementing, and tracking BCG's Sustainability Data & Reporting program. This involves overseeing the full carbon accounting cycle, developing internal reporting capabilities to monitor progress against targets, and managing all external sustainability reports and the resulting consequences.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You bring a healthy dose of passion for climate and sustainability topics as well as change management.
- You enjoy the combination of technological know-how, strategic analysis, and execution.
- Innovative and creative projects are fun for you; it's important to you to overcome boundaries together as a team and look beyond your horizons.
- You have excellent conceptual and analytical skills and a strong affinity for data.
- You're highly dedicated and have a conscientious, independent, and structured working style.
- Your competent, professional manner earns you the respect of both in-house stakeholders and external providers, e.g., when it comes to negotiating new provider contracts.
- You're flexible, reliable, and motivated, and you keep a cool head even in difficult situations.
- You're open and willing to learn and love sharing your knowledge.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- You have completed a degree in a relevant technical or business administration field, preferably with a specialization in energy and resource management, environmental sciences, engineering, or comparable courses in the fields of natural sciences or economics.
- You have at least five years of relevant work experience, preferably as a consultant at an internationally operating company.
- You bring solid know-how on climate and sustainability topics and transformation projects.
- You are deeply familiar with traditional as well as agile project management from a technical as well as an administrative standpoint.
- You are able to work proficiently with the software in the MS Office suite.
- Your written and spoken German and English language skills are excellent.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
As CE Sustainability Operations (Senior) Manager, you'll collaborate closely with the CE leadership team, our regional and global leadership of the Climate and Sustainability Practice Area, and cross-functional teams, e.g., Finance, Controlling, HR, Marketing & Communications, Operations, Travel, etc. Our team's collaboration is characterized by respect, acceptance, and mutual trust. You'll report to our Managing Director and Partner responsible for the CO2 reduction topic within our CE leadership team. He will provide guidance during your orientation phase and support you in your professional development.
At BCG we care about our people and offer you a great package of different benefits*
An attractive, competitive, and performance-based compensation package with fixed and variable components
Thirty days of vacation a year plus various options for optimal work-life balance
Hybrid models with a mix of on-site and remote work, supported by digital collaboration tools
Comprehensive insurance and retirement programs
Individual support through our Employee Assistance Program and mindfulness offers
Flexible gym membership with qualitrain
Family benefits such as a tax-free subsidy for childcare costs through bonus conversion
Free beverages and snacks, along with food vouchers for use with partners near the office
Reimbursement of commuting costs up to a maximum amount
Extensive training and development program
Numerous office activities (Christmas party, summer get-togethers, sports, and other social events)
*Benefits may vary slightly by location.