Are you currently looking for an exciting new opportunity in the education field? We are currently looking for experienced Catering Tutor to take on an opportunity in one of the Prisons that we are working with.
We will consider those who have industry experience and have taught within the industry but don t have a Teaching Qualification
You will be working with Young Offenders age between 15-18 Years old and will be based in the Rochester, Kent area. Working in prison education is the ideal opportunity to help others to improve their lives, the lives of their families and to make a positive contribution to their local community.Job Description and Responsibilities
- Planning and delivering lessons on Catering
- You will be working, and teaching students, who are keen to learn, in a secure Prison Education environment.
- With groups of up to 5-10 learners with the focus towards preparing students for on-site employment.
- Enabling skills and knowledge growth towards employment and certification.
- Developing personalised learning plans to give learners the skills, knowledge and understanding needed in their longer-term goals and employment.
Full Time Permanent Role
Work schedule: Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours per week
Work time: 8:00AM - 17:00PM, with 12PM early finish on a Friday.
Salary scale: £24,000-£30,428
To do this successfully you ll need:
- Must hold atleast a Level 2 in catering or relevant field
- Must hold a teaching qualification to at least level 3 standard E.G PTTLS
- Must have previous qualified teaching experience within a further education setting teaching catering
- Gain, hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Benefits of working with this prison
- Extensive annual leave which can be taken throughout the year with no restriction to school holiday times
- We support you in gaining professional qualifications all paid for by the organisation to upskill and further your career within education
- Career progression opportunities into management positions
- Free onsite parking in most sites
- Access to a pension scheme with a competitive contribution from the Group ()
- Health care discounts through Simply Health
- Cycle to work scheme saving you 25% on your purchase
- Access to lots of offers with well-known retailers