Primary School Catering Manager in Bristol, BS41 - Term Time Only
Aspens Services is an established and successful school contract caterer, providing meals to children in schools up and down the country. We are currently looking for a Catering Manager to lead our team at one of our schools in Bristol. Please read on to see details of this position.
As a Catering Manager you will have full operational and financial responsibility for this busy primary school kitchen in Bristol, BS41. Within this role, you will be focussing on delivering the highest quality of food and service along with flair, originality and the ability to make this one of the best school catering offers in the area.
- Monday to Friday
- 30 hours per week
- 38 weeks per year based around term time
- 4.09 weeks holiday entitlement
- £11.00 per hour
- Based in a primary school in Bristol, BS41
School Catering Manager Key Responsibilities
- As a Catering Manager, you will lead, develop, coach, train, and inspire the team in your kitchen
- Have full control of of the catering operation in your school kitchen including stock, food, and labour costs
- Ensure consistency of food and service standards in your school catering operation
- Drive sales through monthly promotions and added value events
- Manage and improve all controllable costs
- Oversee the main kitchen and menu development
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Maintain company systems & procedures, and legislation
- Carry out regular audits
School Catering Manager Ideal Candidate
- OND or HND qualified would be advantageous
- Craft based experience using fresh ingredients
- Knowledge of health and safety practises
- Financial understanding of gross profit management and achieving sales targets
- Line management experience is advantageous
- Experience within a similar environment
Aspens Services Ltd are an independent school contract catering company who are regularly on the lookout for Catering Managers, Chef Managers and Chefs.
As a company, we are seeking candidates who have a passion for serving high quality, freshly cooked meals from locally sourced ingredients every day.
Apply now and come to work for one of the top 100 fastest growing independent companies in the UK with great career opportunities!
We expect all staff to share our commitment of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought by the company.
Check out the Aspens Services website here to find out more about how we cater within our school catering contracts.